Quinte West is a city, geographically located in but administratively separated from Hastings County, in Southern Ontario, Canada. It is located on the western end of the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario. The Lake Ontario terminus of the Trent–Severn Waterway is located in the municipality.
Quinte West was formed through the amalgamation of the city of Trenton, the village of Frankford and the townships of Murray and Sidney on January 1, 1998. Trenton is the largest community and serves as the administrative and commercial centre.
In addition to Trenton and Frankford, the district of Quinte West, also includes the communities of Barcovan Beach, Batawa, Bayside, Chatterton, German’s Landing, Glenn Miller, Glen Ross, Halloway, Johnstown, Lovett, Madoc Junction, Maple View, Mount Zion, Oak Lake, River Valley, Roseland Acres, Spencers Landing, Stockdale, Tuftsville, Twelve O’Clock Point, Wallbridge and Wooler.
Frankford was first settled by Europeans in the 1820s when settler Abel Scott built a grist mill along the Trent River. The settlement went under a number of names, including Scott’s Mills, Cold Creek and Manchester. The settlement was named Frankford after Sir Francis Bond Head, the Lieutenant-Governor of Upper Canada. Frankford was incorporated as a village in 1920.
tags: home insurance Quinte West